Movies on the Block returns with our first showing on Thursday, June 21! We’re kicking things off with The Big Lebowski … yes, The Dude is coming to Providence! Grab your bathrobe, a White Russian from Little Bitte Cocktails and join us for a night under the stars.
Starting at 6:30pm we’ll have food and beverages from:
- Little Bitte Artisanal Cocktails (serving beer, wine and cocktails)
- Weenie Wizard (serving gourmet, movie-themed hot dogs)
- Ellie’s Bakery macaron cart
Film starts at sunset, approx. 8:30pm: The Big Lebowski (1 hr, 57 mins; R rating)
**New (temporary) location this year**
This summer, Movies on the Block will be back for just TWO very special screenings in a very special location, since our usual home at Grant’s Block is under construction.
Find us in the parking lot next to The Strand, located at 78 Fountain Street, between Mathewson Street and Clemence Street. (If you’re a Rhode Islander, you’ll know it as the back of the building where Coffee King used to be.)
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The screenings are weather dependent. Any moisture is bad for the health of our projector, so cancellations will be announced on the Movies on the Block Facebook page and via the Indowncity Twitter feed and Instagram account.
- Much like a trip to the beach, we do not provide seating. Please come prepared with a blanket or beach chairs.
- Come early – space is limited and fills up quickly.
- Bring your own food, grab something to go from one of the great Downcity restaurants, or check out our concessions.
- We do not recommend bringing pets. Whilst we love a friendly pup, this is a public event that often gets quite crowded. For the safety and comfort of all guests, we ask that you leave dogs at home.
Check out the event page on Facebook and share with friends.
And, mark your calendar for Pulp Fiction on Thursday, July 19!