Oh, January. The holidays have come and gone, and now hibernation season is in full swing. Here are some ways to get out there and experience what Providence has to offer during these dreary winter months!
- Book a staycation at The Dean Hotel. You don’t even have to leave the building! Grab a pre-dinner drink at The Dean Bar, enjoy delicious noodles at North restaurant, and then head downstairs for karaoke and dancing at The Boombox! In the morning, check out Bolt in the lobby for locally roasted coffee (and a Knead donut).
- The Providence Bruins have a bunch of home games in January and February, many with fun themes, like Star Wars or Comic Con. See the full schedule.
- Take a stroll down historic Westminster Street and check out the local, independently owned retail shops. Some have big end-of-season sales going on!
- Book a date night or dinner out with friends during Providence Restaurant Weeks, which runs Jan 12-25, 2020. Enjoy three-course lunches for $16.95 and three-course dinners for $29.95, $34.95 or $49.95. This is a great opportunity to visit Kleos, Rosalina, Oberlin, Birch, Gracie’s or North! See all participating restaurants.
- Start your engines, PVD! Monster Jam is back with FOUR shows at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Get tickets.
- Take a break from Netflix and check out some local theater! August Wilson’s Radio Golf is running at Trinity Rep through February or check out Fiddler on the Roof as part of PPAC’s Broadway Series.
- The Bank Newport City Center rink offers bumper cars and ice skating daily, weather permitting. See hours and rates.