Summertime in Downcity means the start of the yearly Waterfire seasonâ€”and this year’s lightings promise to be as beautiful and romantic as ever. In celebration of thatâ€”and the good weather we’ve finally been havingâ€”here’s twelve Downcity restaurants and bars that promise to be the perfect ending to your Waterfire Date Night this Saturday!
1. Gracie’s -Â 194 Washington Street
Unforgettable dining and amazingly detailed service. Go here if you’re, like, proposing.
2. Rosalina – 50 Aborn Street
In the mood for Mediterranean? Look no further than this Italian-inspired restaurant.
3. Aspire -Â 311 Westminster Street
Round off your night with Aspire’s great food and live entertainmentâ€”starts at 8:30pm.
4. Local 121 -Â 121 Washington Street
This mecca for organic, seasonal, and locally-sourced food is perfect for a casually elegant night out on the town.
5. The Boombox -Â 122 Fountain Street (at the Dean Hotel)
Heading out with friends? Or, better yet, feeling bold? Hit up this stylish karaoke bar for maximum eclipse of the heart.
6. The Magdalenae Room -Â 122 Fountain Street (at the Dean Hotel)
Between the delicious cocktails, supremely refined decor, and incredible ambiance, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better place for you and your stylish date or friends to socialize.
7. Faust -Â 122 Fountain Street (at the Dean Hotel)
This Bavarian-inspired bierhausâ€”actually, we’ll stop there: It’s a Bavarian-inspired bierhaus… Just go. (and grab a pretzel and a German beer!)
9. Bodega Malasana -Â 186 Union Street
The warm, cozy atmosphere at Bodega is much better suited for a casual date night than, say, an anniversary dinnerâ€”but the quality of the rotating drafts and miniature tapas all but assure the night will be a hit.
10. The Eddy -Â 95 Eddy Street
Modern, stylish, sexy cocktail bar. Get into it.
12. The Salon -Â 57 Eddy Street
Taqueria, margaritas, dancing. Brings flats and have fun.